Cloud infrastructure of the future
What is a Future Cloud Infrastructure (FCI)?
- Private cloud with the look and feel of a public cloud
- Agile and flexible framework based on the hybrid@scale approach from T-Systems
- Software-defined data center with compute, storage and network
- Multi/hybrid cloud management: VMware Cloud Foundation
- Technology based on hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI)
- Available in all strategic T-Systems data centers with the option of delivery from customer data centers
- Access via portal or API
Future Cloud Infrastructure: What are the advantages?
- Reduction of investment and operating costs of local and central IT infrastructure
- Reduction of operational and safety risks
- Scale, extend and move workloads and capacity into the public cloud
- Reduction of infrastructure and application deployment times from weeks to days or hours
- Acceleration of innovation cycles to bring services/products to market faster
- Easier deployment due to self-service catalog and APIs to increase developer productivity
- Systems are more available and more powerful, thus improving employee productivity and satisfaction
What hybrid-cloud challenges does FCI solve?
- Cost pressure: A modern, automated platform enable more efficient management of new and existing resources. FCI reduces both basic management costs and cloud costs. The integrated multi-cloud cost management identifies unused resources and deactivated them. Studies estimate the unnecessary cloud costs incurred through non-transparent use of public clouds to be around 25% of the cloud budget. FCI also eliminates the vacancy risks associated with private-cloud use.
- Digitization pressure: The specific interest of individual stakeholders are effectively catered to. Every user chooses the right one for them from the available pool of cloud platforms. Solid operation via private clouds is supported to the same extent as agile development projects and, if applicable, even agile operation in a cloud-native mode.
- Compliance: Multi-cloud governance enables the introduction of policies that automatically map the regulatory or internal requirements for data handling. The possibility of operating it either at an in-house data center or a T-Systems data center gives users additional options for further security functions.
- Complexity: The pooling of management tools on one platform and the high degree of automation resulting from software definition dramatically reduces management expense. The orchestration and integrated management make the various platforms look like one infrastructure. The boundaries between different sourcing modes dissolve.
The Future Cloud Infrastructure and its partners
Future Cloud Infrastructure is based on a strong partnership approach. Our main partners are:
- Works together with T-Systems to deliver a fast, stable and flexible platform
- Factory integrated, tested and validated building blocks delivered directly to data center
- VMware certified hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) nodes
- Hardware lifecycle management – continuous refresh
- Industry-leading VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), delivering the software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Seamless integration capabilities via APIs
- Evergreening through continuous development and improvement
- Speed and agility through integrated automation for infrastructure, applications and life-cycle management
- Develop industry leading infrastructure to run applications efficiently and store data reliably
- Protect the security of data through latest technology incl. new memory concepts and CPU instruction code
- Constantly optimizing the carbon footprint via latest technology and architecture optimizations
- Generate knowledge from data to optimize decision-making processes by making use of AI and ML
3 FACTORS DRIVING THE DEMAND FOR CLOUD SERVICES:
• 33.5% of organizations demand more agility and speed from IT (IDC 2019)
•27.8% of organizations want to simplify their IT landscapes across infrastructure and applications (IDC 2019)
• 66% of organizations see improvements to their organizational effectiveness through cloud adoption (IDC 2019)
“We consistently use the principles of the public cloud for the private cloud. With the Future Cloud Infrastructure, we are saving up to 20 percent in costs – to the benefit of our customers.”
The challenge of hybrid IT architecture
WEBINAR MULTI HYBRID CLOUD: Delivering stability, efficiency, and cost reductions in a complex multi and hybrid cloud world. In-year savings with multi and hybrid cloud – Jörn Kellermann, Thomas In der Rieden.
Watch Webinar Recording >>